All districts, returning and new, must consider this step each year. Depending on your district, you may prefer to have teachers create their classes when they first log in. An upload saves teachers time and offers a quicker implementation.
The Classes Tab takes all of the information from the other spreadsheets and puts it together to create classes, which we will refer to as Sections here. A Section is a list of students assigned to a teacher at school for the instruction of a course. You may access the file template from within the Admin tab or here.
A description of each of the classes.csv file follows:
- Section Name (Optional): A Section Name is the name of a class of students assigned to a specific teacher. If you leave this field blank, our program will use the following default: Teacher Last Name, Grade Level, Subject. For example, Mrs. Martin’s Third Grade Class would appear as Martin Third Grade Math.
- Section ID (Optional): This is a unique identifier number for each class and important if your teachers teach more than one section. Usually this is something created by your district’s Student Information System. If your teachers teach only one section, you may leave this field blank, and our program will default to the teacher's email address.
- Teacher Email: As it appears in the User Information Tab.
- Grade: List the grade as Kindergarten, First grade, etc.
- Course ID (Optional): If your school or district only has one course per grade, you may leave this field blank.
- School ID: Please enter the NCES IDs as created in School Information. Check in your Schools tab if you are unsure what these are.
- Student ID: Please enter Student IDs as created in the Student tab.
Repeat columns A-F for each student to create each class (Section).