The Growth Grid allows you to tie assessments together to be used in the Assessment Series Reports.
The Growth Grid is a tool that can only be accessed by accounts with Administrator rights. You will know if you have admin tools because you will see the word Admin in your top menu bar. If not, contact the person who does have that status or email@example.com
ACCESS THE GROWTH GRID
- To access the Growth Grid, log into Forefront and copy and paste the following URL address in your browser:https://unity.forefrontmath.com/#growthgrid
- Hit enter. A new window will open.
- Click on the “Select” drop-down menu to see the series that are currently available to your district. If you want to rename, delete, or modify any of the series, you can do that here.
CREATE A NEW ASSESSMENT SERIES
Follow the below steps to create a custom series of assessments in Forefront using the Growth Grid tool:
Step 1: Select the Create New Benchmark button.
Step 2: Name the series carefully, so that it can be understood by all users.
Step 3: Identify the series type:
- Long-Term Growth: This is for a series of assessments that tie multiple years of assessments together or multiple assessments in a single year.
- Short-Term Growth: This is for a series of assessments across a single unit.
- Institutional Growth: This is an assessment type that was created for future functionality. Do not choose this type.
- Snapshot: Use this for assessments at various grades that happen at the same time. For instance, use this to see the results of kindergarten, first-grade, and second-grade for a particular assessment all side by side.
- Standards Performance: This type of series allows you to tie various assessments together to view performance relative to standards. This report was designed in particular for districts looking to understand Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs).
Step 4: Select assessments for your report from the column on the right. Use the filter bar at the top of the list to help you find them quickly, and click on the assessments you want to add. If you mistakenly add an assessment, click on the red x to remove it.
Note: Be sure that you pay attention to the year (in parentheses to the right).
Note: The  refers to the grade (you can type this into the filter bar to limit your search to a particular grade level)
Step 5: Make sure that your assessments are in order. Assessments can be rearranged by clicking on the tiny 2 x 4 dot arrays directly to the left of the assessment names and dragging the assessments into the correct sequence.
Step 6: Go to the Reports tab and check your creation to see that it does what you want it to!
Note that you may easily delete the benchmark and start over at any time.