For New Districts/Schools or large districts that have many new user accounts, the most efficient way to add new user accounts is through a csv upload. You can find a template for download in the program (see image below). If you would prefer to enter in each new user account one-by-one, please consult the article Creating New User Accounts Manually.
Notes regarding each field follow:
- Firstname: Enter first names as you want them to appear on the site to the user.
- Lastname: Enter last names as you want them to appear on the site to the user.
- Email: These should be the complete, official school emails for each user. This
will be used for logins and as a unique identifier for each user by the system.
- Employee ID: This is a unique identifier to reference other district systems as necessary.
If your teachers do not have these, repeat the emails in this column.
- Select the roles that you would like to assign to the user. All roles are case sensitive. When using the spreadsheet to upload users, the Assessment Builder role is automatically assigned. Do not add it here.
- Teacher: The Teacher role should be given to all those who instruct.
- Building Leader: The Building Leader role should be used for all school leaders who need to be able to see all students in a school. Note that Special Education teachers, counselors, etc. will often be assigned this role.
- District Leader: The superintendent (or district leader) role should be given to all
district level individuals who need to see all schools classes and students. This includes curriculum directors and specialists, data and assessment directors, etc.
- Administrator: The administrator role is reserved for those with permission to add new users and students, create schools, modify courses, and change user settings.
- Note regarding multiple roles: When a user has multiple roles (e.g. a school leader
who also teaches) he or she may be given multiple roles, but this is not done
in the spreadsheet. Once all the users have been uploaded, search for the user to locate the account and add other roles manually.
- School NCES ID: This must match the NCES ID established when entering the
School information earlier. To prevent Excel from converting this cell to
exponential form, format cells as “text” and type the full number into the first
cell before copying to other cells. For those who will be given the
Superintendent role, leave this cell blank.