For returning districts or small districts, new teacher and administrator accounts can be created manually. If you would prefer to add many accounts simultaneously, please consult the article Creating New User Accounts With a CSV Upload.
Steps to follow:
- Enter in the first and last name of the user.
- Enter the user's email.
- If a staff ID, is available enter it in the cell "Staff Id". If not, use the user’s email again here. The staff ID may be helpful to have in the system, especially in larger districts, where there is the potential for integrating information from various systems.
- Select the school that you would like to assign the user to.
- Select the roles that you would like to assign to the user. All roles are case sensitive.
Important Note: When entering new users manually, please assign the Assessment Builder role to all users. See the following notes regarding roles:
- Teacher: The Teacher role should be given to all those who instruct.
- Building Leader: The Building Leader role should be used for all school leaders who need to be able to see all students in a school. Note that Special Education teachers, counselors, etc. will often be assigned this role.
- District Leader: The superintendent (or district leader) role should be given to all
district level individuals who need to see all schools classes and students. This includes curriculum directors and specialists, data and assessment directors, etc.
- Administrator: The administrator role is reserved for those with permission to add new users and students, create schools, modify courses, and change user settings.
- You do not need to assign new users to classes in the initial setup. Later you can manage the classes associated with teachers.
Note that Forefront Math saves users automatically. To enter the next user, simply click the Add